The second biennial RBMS Awards Night was held on Friday 9th October 2015 at the spectacular Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium Coral Atoll Room. Over 160 RBMS members and friends came to celebrate the achievements of our industry.
Photos of the evening are available in this gallery.
Awards, winners and finalists
Awards were presented in seven award categories:
Jacobs award for Outstanding Waterway Management Project
- Winner: Flooding Enhancement of Gunbower Forest – Hipwell Road Package of Works, North Central CMA
GHD award for Innovation in Waterway Management
- Winner: Carp Monitoring and Control Program, Glenelg Hopkins CMA
DELWP award for Involving Community in Waterway Management
- Winner: Why ‘Y Water’ Succeeds, Y Water Centre Association Inc
University of Melbourne award for Building Knowledge in Waterway Management
- Winner: RiverMAP: a River Health Tool for Decision Makers, Environment Protection Authority (EPA) Victoria
Progression of Public Policy for Waterway Management
- Winner: Risk Assessment of Barrier Works on Queensland Waterways, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Queensland
Advancing Waterway Management through Graduate Research
- Winner: Toward Sediment Sensitive Cities by Improving Streams and Reducing Maintenance Costs, Monash University – Arezou Houshmand
Technical Excellence in Waterway Management
- Winner: Revegetation Risk Calculator, Alluvium Consulting
A one-page blurb on each winner & finalist is provided in this pdf package.
Sponsors and partners
Gold Sponsors, supporting the Australian river health industry: