Call for Expressions of Interest 2020/21
We are inviting expressions of interest from members who want to support RBMS to deliver a great program of activities into 2020/21.
It’s shaping up to be an exciting year. Our committee is already planning activities to bring together our community of professionals and students aimed to promote new discussions, share knowledge, celebrate achievements and advance practice in catchment and river management, including:
- 10th Australian Stream Management Conference (currently postponed)
- National Awards Night to celebrate industry achievements and innovation
- National webinar series to share knowledge on cross cutting topics of interest
- Local events for each of our regional chapters in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland
- Ephemeral newsletter bringing stories of interest direct to your inbox
We recognise and value the diversity of our members and we welcome nominations from both long term and brand new members, with no specific experience being required!
We welcome nominations from all our members, with no specific experience being required.
Specific opportunities include:
- Regional Chapter Support – Support the local running of the RBMS in each of our regional chapters in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. These support roles will be called on by Committee Members to help deliver activities in each of these regions. A great way to connect with your local stream management community.
- Communication and newsletter content – Support our digital communication team by providing news stories for our Ephemeral newsletter. An ideal way to help curate an industry newsletter that promotes local stories and innovation.
- Working groups – Collaborate with fellow RBMS members on topics that interest you to produce discussion papers, thought leadership pieces and new forums to challenge the status quo and advance practice.
- Elected committee members – We spill our Committee every year, with the intent to support current committee members seeking re-election and also welcome in new faces. Our Committee is represented by our Executive Committee (President, Vice-president, Treasurer and Secretary) and General Committee (Regional Chapter Leads and Digital Support Team). Expectations for elected committee members are that they are available to dedicate at least 2 hours per week over the course of the year to the RBMS. This includes required attendance at 8 formal committee meetings (either in person or via teleconference). For all contested Committee positions, an election will be held by electronic ballot with participating members at our upcoming SGM.
If you’re interested in supporting the RBMS in 2020/21 please complete the EOI form by clicking here.
- 13 – 22 May 2020 – Submit your expression of interest
- 11 June 2020 – Special General Meeting held via Zoom to elect the Committee with the option for members to nominate a proxy in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org. An election ballot will take place for committee positions with more than one nomination.