What an incredible night to bring together people from different places and perspectives with a shared caring for country and our catchments in Australia.
The 2019 RBMS Awards Night on Friday 15 November was the biggest we have ever brought together.
Held at Showtime on South Wharf in Melbourne, more than 220 people were there to recognise and celebrate the outstanding contributions that have been made to waterways and catchment in Australia.
The field of award nominations reviewed by the judges was noted to be particularly strong in 2019 across six award categories:
- Outstanding Waterway Project
- Involving Community in Waterway Management
- Building Knowledge in Waterway Management
- Advancing Waterway Management Through Graduate Research
- Innovation in Waterway Management
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Knowledge and Practice in Waterway Management
- Everyone who nominated and their supporting organisations
- The Awards Night Committee – Chairs Jacqui Lloyd and Kathy Russell with the amazing support of Penny Rogers, Apanie Wood, Mark Stacey, Jess Walker, Myles Coker and the 2019/20 RBMS committee.
- The Judging Panel – Ian Rutherfurd, Terori Hareko-Samios, Lance Lloyd, Penny Rogers and Mark Stacey
- Event Sponsors – Jacobs, DELWP, Vic Catchments as the Collaboration of CMAs, Streamology, Melbourne Water, the Murray Darling Basin Authority, RMCG, ALS, DiscoverEI, Hydrobiology, Ecology Australia and
NRM jobs and the Australian River Restoration Centre
- Events partners – Pip Vietz from Elements Events and MC Alanta Colley